1. If you're on my friends list, here's a list of 35 things. If you're up for it, and short and sweet is fine.
2. Comment here with your answers and repost the questionnaire on your own journal (if you want)...
01) Are you currently in a serious relationship?
02) What was your dream growing up?
03) What talent do you wish you had?
04) If I bought you a drink what would it be?
05) Favorite vegetable?
06) What was the last book you read?
07) What zodiac sign are you?
08) Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? Explain where.
09) Worst Habit?
10) If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride?
11) What is your favorite sport?
12) Do you have a Pessimistic or Optimistic attitude?
13) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?
14) Worst thing to ever happen to you?
15) Tell me one weird fact about you.
16) Do you have any pets?
17) What if I showed up at your house unexpectedly?
18) What was your first impression of me?
19) Do you think clowns are cute or scary?
20) If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?
21) Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?
22) What color eyes do you have?
23) Ever been arrested?
24) Bottle or can soda?
25) If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it?
26) What's your favorite place to hang out at?
27) Do you believe in ghosts?
28) Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
29) Do you swear a lot?
30) Biggest pet peeve?
31) In one word, how would you describe yourself?
32) Do you believe/appreciate romance?
33) Favorite and least favorite food?
34) Do you believe in God?
35) Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you?
I truly enjoy trying new food and drinks. I have been haunting the local Asian grocery for several months, and I have almost exhausted their stash of Asian snacks and drinks (including some that I would never recommend to anyone). So now I need a new place to get Japanese snacks. I am still trying to snack my way through the Pocky flavors. I've tried most of the usual/normal ones, and green tea, and want to try some of the more unique (like 5 Blacks. Oh, how I have tried to find that one!). I also discovered that the Japanese have different and novel flavors of Pringles - and I want to try them - how could anyone reject Feta cheese flavored, Cheese fondue flavored, or Teriyaki? I think I could safely skip the Soy Sauce flavored, as my heart would explode just at the idea of so much sodium that close to my body. But the others... oh, and French Caesar Salad flavored. And Mustard Mayonnaise flavored. Sure, they could be vile, but they could be really good too!
So... anyone know of a good source for any of the above?
Here it is with only a month left in the Amazon.com Breakthrough Novel and I only have 9 little reviews. The competition has dozens. Scores, even! *whimper* *grovel* Thank you so much to those who HAVE actually reviewed. I DO appreciate it.
I just wanna win, is that so much to ask????? (Hmmm... too many question marks. Truly the sign of a deranged mind).
Please, all you lovely people who might be reading this, please go to www.amazon.com/abna and to the Science Fiction section, and to The Wreckers, now back on page 6 or 7 since they alphabetized, and please review my story!
Happy Belated birthday to my wonderful amazing darling astonishing sister used_songs
In other news...
I had a rather odd dream Sat night. I dreamt that I was on an anime-style but definitely WWII aircraft carrier as a training pilot (yes, I know, wrong side of the globe for female training pilots). A kamikaze struck the ship and there was much fire. I was sent to find Meg, the other training pilot. When I found her, it was Dana (Lady Mary) ?! In the dream, as soon as I saw her (in flying gear, not Lady Mary garb), I thought "Oh, yeah, I've had this dream before. But why isn't Dana in a dress?" and then went on. I chased her through the ship, trying to get her attention to get our planes off the ship.
I haven't a single clue. Haven't watched any anime recently, or WWII movies.
So I don't get it.
I don't often post twice in one day (or hells, even twice in one week!) but for this I make an exception.
Late last year I entered Amazon.com's Breakthrough Novel contest. This morning I was notified that I am a semi-finalist. What this means is that now people get to go to Amazon and download my novel to read and review. (or at least part of it....).
So.... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you are reading this, go to Amazon.com/abna and go to science fiction/fantasy section of entries... find The Wreckers (about 3rd or 4th page) and download it. Please give a good, positive, fabulous (but real and preferably honest) review.
Here's the link to the page Wreckers is listed on.
Please read and review! I have wanted to be a published author since I was in middle school. I keep getting a little bit closer, and this would help get me THAT MUCH closer!
And if you like it, let your fantasy-reading friends know! Have them read and review...
THANK YOU ALL!!
What's Your Name's Hidden Meaning?</div Yeah, this is MOSTLY me, I guess. And a little frightening. I am certainly not "the whole package!"
Looking forward to it. Gathering stuff for it. Frantically sewing so I have an underskirt for it!
Right. Visiting my GM for XMas... she is still in rehab for her broken hip, but bloody stubborn (errr... determined) to come home and she's doing better than they expected. The rehab people don't have to force her to do things. She takes walks with her walker and so forth all on her own. This is a good thing.